Frequently Asked Questions
CGday™ provides a social setting for youths, and utilizes their interest in video games to create a learning experience which will provide useful skills for their future and set them up for success.
The key objective for our diverse programs related to design, art, and technology serve to deliver essential skills for future tech and design related careers.
The skills students will learn at CGday™ will allow them to create anything they can imagine. They will:
- Experience the game development process in a professional setting using industry standard tools
- Create expansive 3D game levels complete with hilly terrain, interactive objects, special effects, lighting and more
- Develop PC games, learn 2D and 3D art creation from 3D modeling to user interface, texture, and material creation
- Learn about pre-production, grey blocking (world building), level design, and visual scripting, and so much more
- Problem solve and work collaboratively as a team of developers to build and play test their own creations
Our regular schedule is currently being offered to:
- Children and teens ages 9-14
- Teens to young adults ages 14-18
Yes, our private classes start at $120 per hour for a minimum of 2 hours per class.
Students who have already completed the Tier 1 program receive a discount on all private classes.
CGday™ courses currently take place in our 3000 sq/ft classroom, fully equiped with all the hardware and software required.
Interaction with video games encourages creativity, stimulates brain regions responsible for memory formation; triggers complex cognitive and motor demands. The technical and practical skills learned through video game development can prepare students for powerful careers in a technology-driven industry.
- Personal development & real-world skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- An understanding and appreciation for science, technology, engineering, art, math, and physics.
- Critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Abilities in work efficiency with individually or as part of a team.
- Learn leadership skills.
- Project planning, development, and time management skills.
The only requirments are: The ability to read, write, and follow directions.
Students should have their own personal email address. Prior computer skills aren’t mandatory but are certainly a bonus if they have used a computer before attending CGday.
- Tier 1: Personal E-mail adress
- Tier 2: Successful Completion of Tier 1
- Tier 3: Successful Completion of Tier 2
- Tier 4: Successful Completion of Tier 3
- Spring Break: Basic Computer skills & Personal E-mail
- Summer Camp: Basic Computer skills & Personal E-mail